Not a round-trip ticket to Dakar, but certainly the next best thing.
- 1 x 12″ handwoven Senegalese Sweetgrass Bowl (colors vary*)
- 1 signed copy of Senegal: Modern Senegalese Recipes from the Source to the Bowl
- 1 x 10 oz bag Fonio
- 1 x 7 oz bag Yassa! Fonio Pilaf (Onion, Lime, & Chili)
- 1 x 7 oz bag Afro-Funk Fonio Pilaf (Dawadawa + Herbs)
Want to include a gift note? Shoot us an email at email@example.com and just drop your note right in along with your order number. That’s it!
Senegalese Sweetgrass Bowl
These stunning 12″ handmade Senegalese baskets are handwoven from local ndiorokh (sweetgrass) and vibrant wool thread. Perfect for fruit, bread, bags of fonio, or as wall hangings.
The bowls are crafted with meticulous attention to detail and respect to the traditional Senegalese Wolof art of weaving. We sourced them through our Brooklyn neighbor Aliou Lo, founder of The AGOWA Cooperative and Al Maktoum Goods. AGOWA (Authentic Goods of West Africa) was formed in 2014 to help women achieve self-sufficiency and living wages through their art and is comprised of over 100 artisans across 15 remote villages in Thies, Senegal.
* The artisans who weave these bowls are limited to the threads available at the market each day. Each piece varies in color and style, as a result it’s not possible to choose a color or pattern. We hope you’ll join us in embracing the unique nature of these gorgeous bowls.
Dimensions: 12″ x 3”
Care: Wipe clean
Senegal: Modern Senegalese Recipes from the Source to the Bowl, by Pierre Thiam with Jennifer Sit
Journey through Senegal with Yolélé founder Chef Pierre Thiam and acclaimed food and travel photographer Evan Sung. Rich in recipes, breathtaking photos, and personal stories from Pierre’s childhood, Senegal immerses you in a place you’ll be inspired to experience for yourself.
Fonio + Fonio Pilafs
Fonio and Fonio Pilafs are gluten-free and cook in just five minutes. Perfect on their own or delicious in a recipe. Swipe the gallery for serving ideas and check out our recipes for inspiration. For nutrition information and ingredients, visit individual product pages, linked above.