October 8, 2020 by Max Baroni
All the elements of your favorite Greek salad, just add fonio! This crunchy, fresh crowd-pleaser is loaded with cucumber, tomato, fonio, and a delicious homemade Greek dressing.
- 1 garlic clove, smashed
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 large lemon, juiced
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- salt + pepper
- 1 large cucumber, roughly chopped
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- ½ cup crumbled feta
- ½ cup black olives, pitted and halved
- ½ medium red onion, sliced
- 1 cup Yolélé fonio, cooked and cooled according to package
- 01 . For the Dressing
Add garlic, oregano, mustard, red wine vinegar, lemon juice and lemon zest to a bowl and whisk together until fully incorporated.
- 02 .
Once incorporated add olive oil slowly at first and whisk until all the oil is emulsified, make sure to add little by little. Finish off by adding salt + pepper and set aside.
- 03 . For the Salad
Add all ingredients to a large mixing bowl and mix until all the ingredients are nicely incorporated, set aside.
- 04 .
Add dressing to the salad bowl a little at a time and mix until ingredients are coated evenly in dressing.
ClassicTunaSandwich+ Fonio Chips