Fonio Mango Salad
June 24, 2020 by Chef Pierre Thiam
This Fonio Mango Salad is bursting with fresh herbs + lemon and so easy to throw together! Bring it to summer picnics + potlucks or whip up tonight for bright, quick #MeatlessMonday dinner.
- 4 cups cooked Yolélé fonio (1 cup dry)
- Juice of 1 lemon, plus more to taste
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon salt, plus more to taste
- Black pepper or red pepper flakes
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 large ripe mango, peeled, pitted, and diced
- 1 cup diced cucumber (English or Persian have the best crunch and less bitter skin)
- 1/2 red onion, finely diced
- 1 pint grape tomatoes, quartered
- 1 bunch mint, finely chopped
- 1 bunch parsley, finely chopped
- 01 . Prepare the dressing
Whisk together lemon, ginger, salt + pepper. Slowly pour in the olive oil and keep whisking to emulsify.
- 02 .
Combine the cooked and cooled fonio with all of the other ingredients in a large bowl.
- 03 .
Pour dressing over salad, toss, adjust seasoning to taste, and serve!