Greens! Fonio Pilaf Summer Salad
July 31, 2020 by Max Baroni
Packed with refreshing hints of summer, this delicious blend of textures and flavors will provide a healthy meal with little work. The green herb dressing is a perfect pair to the Greens! Fonio Pilaf, flavored with spinach and moringa (a well-loved superfood in West Africa). Feel free to grill, roast, or sauté your fennel to bring out a little extra sweetness in this vegan bowl.
- 1 package Greens! Fonio Pilaf, cooked + cooled
- 1 small bulb fennel with fronds, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 cups (packed) arugula
- 1/3 cup (packed) fresh basil leaves
- 1/3 cup (packed) flat leaf parsley
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Pinch of crushed red pepper flakes
- Salt + pepper
- 01 .
While the Greens! Fonio Pilaf is cooling, prepare the dressing: pulse the basil, parsley, olive oil, lemon and zest, red pepper flakes, and salt and pepper in a blender.
- 02 .
Combine Greens! with all of the other ingredients in a large bowl.
- 03 .
Pour dressing over salad, toss, and serve!