July 31, 2020 by Max Baroni
This quick and easy bowl makes for a nourishing vegetarian dinner or side dish. Jollof Fonio Pilaf is seasoned with tomato, bell pepper, onion, and a little smoky heat. Its savory, umami flavors pair perfectly with fresh arugula and a nice briny feta cheese. Add some tinned sardines or tuna packed in olive oil for a little extra protein.
- 1 bag Jollof Fonio Pilaf, cooked according to package and cooled
- 1 cup chopped snow or sugar snap peas
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 baby radishes, thinly sliced
- 2 cups packed arugula
- 1/2 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, smashed
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- Salt + Pepper
- 01 .
While fonio is cooling, prepare the dressing: whisk together the olive oil, garlic, lemon, dijon, and salt + pepper.
- 02 .
Combine the cooled fonio with all of the other ingredients in a large bowl.
- 03 .
Pour dressing over salad, toss, and serve!