February 1, 2021 by Pierre Thiam
Casamance is the lush region of Senegal that’s also known for its delicious mangoes. Growing up, we would sometimes cut the mangoes from the tree before they ripen to prepare relishes with green mango, chili powder and salt. Childhood memories inspire many of my recipes, including this one, which can be used as a topping for nachos, grilled fish or chicken.
- 1 green mango, finely diced
- 1 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- 1 red bell pepper, finely diced
- 1 red onion, finely sliced
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lime juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Salt + freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 01 .
Gently fold all ingredients together in a medium bowl and serve!