February 27, 2020 by Jason Chan
The delicious, healthy, and fuss free little bowl that’ll keep you going all day long. Tailor the recipe to suit your tastes. If you’re vegan or prefer a dairy-free breakfast leave out the milk and yogurt! Replace the milk with equal parts almond milk and the yogurt with coconut cream. Not a fan of fruits? Swap out the fruit topping and hide those fruits in your bowl by adding some melted chocolate, peanut butter and walnuts. We won’t judge (in fact we may even join you)!
- 1/2 cup uncooked Yolélé fonio
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup milk (or your favorite dairy-free milk)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 strawberries, sliced and quartered
- 1/2 banana, sliced
- 1/2 cup blueberries
- 1/2 cup granola
- 200 grams (2 packets) frozen açaí puree, broken into pieces
- 1/2 cup plain low-fat yogurt
- 1/2 cup almond milk or juice
- 1/2 cup strawberries, frozen
- 1/2 cup blueberries, frozen
- 1 banana, sliced and frozen
- 01 .
Add fonio, milk, cinnamon, and vanilla extract to a large pot with a fitted lid.
- 02 .
Bring to a boil, then quickly remove from heat and place the lid on top. Allow the fonio to sit covered for 4 minutes.
- 03 .
Add the fonio, açaí purée, yogurt, milk, frozen strawberries, frozen blueberries, and frozen banana to a blender and blend until everything is well pureed.
- 04 .
If the mixture seems too liquidy and can’t hold its shape, place it in the freezer for 30 minutes.
- 05 .
Place the fruit mixture at the bottom of the bowl and pour in the fonio açaí purée.
- 06 .
Scatter the assorted toppings on top and Enjoy!