May 14, 2019 by Zoey Gong
Veggie sliders packed with plant protein + healthy carbohydrates from the fonio and lentils, fiber from sweet potatoes and added greens and vitamin + minerals from fresh sprouts… You can assemble them anyway you want or even have the patties on their own with a salad and some dressing.
- 1/2 cup Maya Kaimal Organic Everyday Dal – Black Lentil + Tomato + Cumin
- 1 1/2 cup cooked Yolélé fonio
- 1 cup cooked, mashed sweet potato (homemade or canned)
- 2 1/2 tablespoons flaxseed meal
- Salt and pepper
- Vegetable/ canola oil for frying
- Burger buns or lettuce wraps and any toppings you like: sliced onion, tomato, pickles, sprouts, cheese, avocado, mayo, etc.
- 01 .
In a large bowl add dal, cooked fonio, flaxseed meal, cooked sweet potato and salt + pepper. Mix until well combined, cover and let rest in the refrigerator for 10 minutes.
- 02 .
Form six patties, about 2-3 inches wide in the palm of your hand and set on a plate.
- 03 .
In a large pan, heat oil on med-high and cook patties until golden brown, 3-5 minutes on each side. Compose burgers however you like and serve!