June 1, 2018 by Pierre Thiam
- 3 cups Yolélé fonio, cooked + cooled according to package
- 1 cup roughly chopped kimchi (6 ounces) plus extra kimchi juice to taste
- 1/2 medium yellow onion, diced
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 3 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1 handful torn or roughly chopped cilantro and/or basil
- 1 teaspoon olive oil plus more
- 2 teaspoons tamari or gluten-free soy sauce, or to taste
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil, or to taste
- 4 eggs
- 01 .
In a medium pan, heat oil on medium-low, and add onions, garlic, and ginger.
- 02 .
Stir until onions become fragrant, about 3 minutes.
- 03 .
Add kimchi and continue to stir about 5 minutes. Add reserved liquid towards the end.
- 04 .
Turn heat to medium-high, add cooked fonio and stir until fonio absorbs the liquid, about 3 minutes.
- 05 .
Add soy sauce and sesame oil and mix well, stirring about 2 minutes more.
- 06 .
Transfer Kimchi Fried Fonio to bowls.
- 07 .
Re-use the pan: add more oil and fry eggs over medium heat.
- 08 .
Top bowls with fried eggs, scallions + herbs. Serve immediately!